Saturday 13 August 2011

Chokeberry jam and… crepes! :)


When I was little , my mother frequently made crepes, and she taught me how to make them. They always seemed easy to make, so I was surprised to learn that some people think it is hard to make crepes. Crepes really aren't difficult to make. If you have a few ingredients and a small non-stick skillet, you can make them with not very much practice ;)

Ingredients
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon white sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 eggs
2 cups milk
2 tablespoons butter, melted



Sift together flour, sugar and salt; set aside. In a large bowl, beat eggs and milk together with an electric mixer. Beat in flour mixture until smooth; stir in melted butter. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 2 tablespoons for each crepe. Tip and rotate pan to spread batter as thinly as possible. Brown on both sides and serve hot.





The easiest fillings for crepes are often the best ;) Sometimes even a bit of sugar sprinkled on a crepe is quite good. My favorite by far is jam and cinnamon -  preferably chokeberry  jam. Spread about one tablespoon of jam on a crepes, then roll it up.
A close second to jam is broccoli with cheese. I really like my green vegetarian crepes :P Mouth-watering ones ;P

All right. That’s all for now. I’ll be writing soon :)
Ania

No comments:

Post a Comment